Parents, spectators and players are expected to recognize that one of the main purposes of Lakota FC is to develop and encourage good sportsmanship among its members and players for the betterment of their physical and social being. Parents, players and guests attending any Lakota FC practice, game or event are expected to abide by the following principles:
1. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
2. I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league and will adhere to them at all times.
3. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
4. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
5. I will not encourage any behaviors that would endanger the health and well-being of the athletes.
6. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
7. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
8. I will teach my child that doing one’s best and overall development is of greater focus winning.
9.I will encourage my child for his/her effort and will refrain from critiquing their performance in the game.
10. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
11. I will help support the club in their philosophy of skill development and recognize that an individual game or weekend result does not negate the growth of our players.
12. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
13. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
14. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team. During practices, I will remain at an adequate distance where my presence does not influence the player/trainer/coach.
Reported violations of the Code of Conduct will be investigated and may involve appropriate actions at the discretion of the Lakota FC Board. For more information,please see your Director of Coaching or a member of the Board of Directors.